When it comes to lighting, it’s hard to beat the sun for endlessly bright, consistent lighting. The only downside is that it goes down each night, requiring homeowners to turn on electric lights to see after dark. The Solatube Smart LED System solves this problem using SunSense Technology, which blends LED lighting with sunlight to seamlessly illuminate rooms day and night. It’s the system that creates light in a smarter way.
A patented daylight-capturing dome lens that:
- Redirects low-angle sunlight for maximum light capture
- Rejects overpowering summer midday sunlight
- Provides consistent daylighting throughout the day
An innovative in-dome reflector that:
- Redirects low-angle winter sunlight for maximum light capture
- Increases light input for greater light output
- Delivers unsurpassed year-round performance
Tubing made of the world's most reflective material that:
- Delivers 99.7% * specular reflectivity for maximum sunlight transfer
- Provides the purest color rendition possible so colors are truer, brighter
- Allows for run lengths over 20 feet to deliver sunlight to lower floors
A patented control center that:
- Continually assesses light levels and determines when supplemental light is needed
- Automatically triggers LEDs to provide optimal light output
- Seamlessly transitions from waning daylight to radiant LED light
SunSense Technology: A Revolution in Lighting
Enclosed in a specially designed flared housing, the high- performance Amplifier features a patented design that utilizes16 highly reflective facets. These facets redirect light downward toward the Decorative Fixture at the most effective angle, maximizing light output for powerful performance.
A Daylight Sensor continually monitors light levels within the tube and activates the LEDs when light levels reach a minimum threshold. It also deactivates the LEDs when sufficient daylight is present.
Light Optimization Lens
A patented Light Optimization Lens allows daylight to pass through and directs the light produced by the LEDs toward the Decorative Fixture.
Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
Four 3000K LEDs with an average 35 lumens / watt output provide ultra-energy efficient lighting designed to last up to 20 years. In addition, they complement existing lighting and deliver 80 CRI for a highly accurate display of colors.
Easy Connect Panel and Driver
A housing assembly designed with unique connectors for the driver, Secondary System, and Occupancy Sensor ensures easy installation.
The Occupancy Sensor detects occupants and automatically triggers LEDs when light levels are low. Can be turned on or off when connected to a wall switch.
Rated for thermal
The Smart LED System has been designated as an ENERGY STAR® product for its ability to minimize heat gain and heat loss. To earn this rating, a product must have a low Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) and U-factor.
The Smart LED System captured the
coveted 2013 LightFair International
Innovation Award with its cutting-edge,
energy-efficient lighting design. Selected
by an independent panel of renowned
lighting professionals, it beat out more than
300 other lighting-related products.